About StandoxStandox first saw the light of day in 1955 at the Dr Kurt Herberts company in Wuppertal with the launch of a newly developed styrenated synthetic resin paint of the same name.
The freshly created brand was assembled from the German terms for stand oil, a derivative of refined linseed oil and raw material for paint production, and oxidative, meaning curing/drying.
Its immediate success on the market then made it the name of a whole range of vehicle refinishes before the year was out. The first colour catalogue was also published in 1955.
The subsequent development of the brand as a leader in automotive paint suppliers has been marked by continuous innovation combined with an unwavering commitment to the corporate principles. Standox believes that these are essential for lasting success in the demanding customer segment of automotive refinish.
Customer impactStandox has always created great loyalty among customers, distributors and employees. Many leading German wholesalers, who were with Standox at the beginning are still working with us today.
Standox seeks to build long term relationships with its customers based on premium product quality of its car paint, and high levels of practical support.
By working closely with the automotive industry, Standox has achieved the largest number of global approvals from all leading automotive manufacturers, making Standox the preferred automotive paint of professional independent and franchised bodyshops.
Standox in AustraliaStandox was first introduced into the Australian marketing in 1985, and later expanded into New Zealand. In 2001, Standox joined DuPont Performance Coatings (DPC), a move ensuring Standox will continue to offer state of the art refinish systems in the new millennium.
The Australia head office of Standox is located at Riverstone, NSW, along with a state of the art Training Centre.
Standox distribution network in Australia >