News & Media
DPC Renamed Axalta Coating Systems
7 February, 2013
As previously announced, DuPont Performance Coatings (DPC) (which includes global leading refinish brands such as Standox, Spies Hecker and DuPont Refinish) has been purchased by the Carlyle Group for 4.9 billion USD.
The company has been renamed Axalta Coating Systems.
Charlie Shaver, the company’s Chairman and CEO added, “We look forward to this exciting next chapter for Axalta Coating Systems. Our global scale with 35 plants and seven technology centres around the world, combined with Carlyle’s industrial focus and global network, position us well for the future.”
Stan Willmott, General Manager DPC ANZ sees an exciting local future with the size and strength of The Carlyle Group combined with DPC’s technology and expertise setting the foundations for a strong partnership that will more effectively serve the refinish and transportation coating industries.
Axalta Coating Systems will continue to do business as DuPont Performance Coatings for the next several months until the new name is formally launched in the second quarter of 2013. Mr Willmott also reaffirmed that business will continue as usual for DPC customers. There will be no changes to our Distributor partners or our DPC Representatives and our product supply will continue to remain as it is today.
DPC: Christmas Safety Tips
4 December, 2012
Christmas and lead up to it can be lots of fun with office parties, festive lights and decorations, shopping for Christmas presents and so much more. However, if you get caught up in the spirit of the season you may compromise your safety without realising it. Here are some sensible tips regarding your safety at Christmas and potential hazards.
-- Plan your office party safely and avoid adding tragedy to this unfortunate mix. Most importantly, make arrangements so that nobody is driving under the influence of alcohol. This can be accomplished by providing cabs, arranging designated drivers, or having a party with no alcohol allowed. If your party is very large, consider hiring security to keep everything under control.
-- Always keep raw foods and cooked foods separate, and use separate utensils when preparing them.
Thaw meat in the refrigerator, never out in room temperature. Foods that require refrigeration should never be left at room temperature for more than two hours.
- If you own a cat, do not bring poinsettia plants into your home. They are toxic.
- Follow container directions carefully to avoid lung irritation while decorating with artificial-snow sprays.
- Indoors or outside, always use lights that have been tested for safety by a recognised testing laboratory that indicates conformance with safety standards.
- Be sensible when checking any electricity plugs, bulbs and or fuses. Make sure that the power supply is turned off or the lights are unplugged and that you have dry hands.
- It is so easy to over stretch when hanging the Christmas lights and fall from a precarious ladder. Be sensible and follow basic health and safety precautions.
- Fasten outdoor lights securely to trees, house walls, or other firm supports to protect the lights from wind damage. Use insulated staples to hold strings in place, not nails or tacks. Or run strings of lights through hooks (available at hardware stores).
- Turn off all lights when you go to bed or leave the house. The lights could short out and start a fire.
- Carrying home the Christmas Tree and mountains of Christmas shopping could play havoc on your back. Shop more often so that you are not carrying too much at once. Carry within your capabilities and carry correctly.
- Be safe shopping online - Don’t use debit cards for online purchases. If your debit card gets hacked, the thieves can go straight to your bank account and drain it.
- Don’t shop using Wi-Fi. When using Wi-Fi at a coffee shop, hotel, airport, or restaurant, you are making yourself vulnerable to identity theft. Your iPhone, Blackberry, Smartphone and laptop can easily be hacked on a free or paid public Wi-Fi spot.
- Pay close attention to web addresses. Always look for the “https://” when you enter personal information. This means you are transmitting data within a secure site. Also look for a padlock symbol at the bottom of the browser window and the VeriSign or CyberTrust marks of security.
2012 Sustainability Award Winners: Wales Truck Repairs
8 November, 2012
Congratulations to Wales Truck Repairs in Smithfield for their outstanding win in the 2012 Sustainability Awards. It was a close call between Wales Truck Repairs and finalists Dallas Hawkins Truck Refinishing.
What we found outstanding was to see two commercial vehicle repairers vying for the prize. In what we and Paint and Panel have usually found the passenger vehicle repairers leading the way, its fantastic to see competition from the likes of larger commercial vehicle specialists. Traditionally in the area they may not have been seen as leaders in sustainable work practices but these owners are showing the way forward here in Australia and into the future.
DuPont Performance Coatings sponsor this award for a number of reasons but basically - we want to reward forward thinking body shop owners for their contribution to the future of the industry. Together - we want to lead the way and demonstrate the value of sustainable work practices and see body shop owners take vehicle repairs into the future while continually delivering quality service and well finished vehicle repairs for their clients.
We want the industry to see that there are many different ways to improve business and that with a little thought they can reduce their carbon footprint and continually become a little kinder to the environment at the same time.
DPS: Its a surprise! 2013 National Business Council
18 October, 2012
Introducing the DuPont Performance Services (DPS) first ever - Nation-wide - National Business Council in February 2013!
Held 18th-22nd February - DPC members and other attendees will be whisked away to the event to experience the absolute best hospitality in the industry - as well as an outstanding program of industry information, networking opportunities and trends. You might even find the key to unlocking your business's true potential in terms of productivity.
With a top secret venue, amazing location - its sure to be a super exciting event - and thats right - you certainly won't want to miss it!
Contact your local DPS member for (some) information - of course we won't be giving away any hints!
Register now online.
Enter the 2012 Sustainability Awards!
20 June, 2012
DuPont is serious about solutions for a better, safer, healthier world and would like to recognise body shop businesses that have made a change that will help towards this future goal.
It is time to put your best foot forward and put your entry or nomination in for the coolest award in the industry.
Achieve national recognition for your individual efforts in making your business more sustainable. Enter online here at our website - or email SamStreet@Yaffa.com.au and include details on what your business is doing to become more sustainable.